5 Ways To File Your Taxes With Our Office

Whether you would like to meet in person, schedule a phone or video Appt, use our Secure drop-off process, or Fax/Mail in your taxes, we have an option for you.

Scroll Down For More Info   

Russell Landon CRTP

Virtual Tax Prep/Limited Contact

Below is information for those wanting to complete their taxes without a face to face Appt. Many are taking advantage of these remote & limited contact options. Find out more about how these options works

Beautiful female call center operator, headset customer service in a real situation not everyday isolation image

Phone/Video Appointments

This option allows you to convert your existing or pre-scheduled appointment into a Phone/Video Tax Appointment instead of coming into the office. For this option, we Must-Have your tax documents at least 3 or more business days prior to your appt.

Click Here>


Drop & Go Taxes

For this Option, Bring everything to our tax office and we’ll handle the rest until it’s time for you to review and approve your return.  If you or your tax pro have questions, you can connect over the phone. A quick 15min Phone-Consult can also be set up in advance of the drop-off if needed.

Click Here >


Secure Upload / Fax / Mail

This option is for customers who would rather not come into the office at all. We have 24/7 Secure Upload Service featuring Bank Level Encryption for secure transfer of your tax documents to us. Customers may also choose to Fax or Mail-In their taxes for completion. Once received we will begin the process and work on your file in between clients or at designated times. Files are worked on in order received. CAUTION: This method takes longer than other methods.

Click Here >

mom pro pic 2020
Russell Landon CRTP

In Person Appointments

For those wanting an In-Person Tax Appointment, We want to assure you that we take the health and well-being of our community, customers, and associates seriously. We have made the commitment to remain OPEN and available for In-Person Appointments during this challenging time. Please note: All Pre-scheduled Appointments are assumed to be in person unless otherwise communicated.

Due to our small office lobby, we are asking those with in-person Appointments to check-in and remain in their car until we let you know we are ready. This keeps the number of people in the office to a minimum. We also disinfect surfaces as well as the instruments in the office before and after each appointment.

Although NONE of our staff have been sick, rest assured if any of our staff develop any symptoms they will not be here in the office and we ask in return that if you are sick or have symptoms please use one of our remote options instead. See FAQ for more info.

FAQ Client Helps

What Changes Can We Expect In Your Office Due To Covid?
There are a few different procedures we are implementing temporarily for when customers visit our office. Due to our small office lobby, we are asking those with appointments to check-in and remain in their car until called in whenever possible.

Although NONE of our staff have been sick with the flu or Covid-19, rest assured if any of our staff or workers develop any symptoms or become sick they will not be here in the office and we ask in return that if you are sick or have symptoms please consider one of our other options instead of coming in for your appt. We take the health and well-being of our community, customers, and associates very seriously and are taking precautions in our office. We continue to disinfect all surfaces as well as the instruments in the office before and after appointments.

We recognize that there are many different feelings & emotions regarding Covid-19 and we care about all viewpoints. We are doing our best to reduce anxiety & avoid unnecessary interactions within the office. As fellow citizens, we are all frustrated yet concerned and our emotions are running high as we try to deal with the effects of the loss of certain freedoms yet be diligent regarding safety.

How Does A Phone/Video Tax Appt Work?
At the time of your scheduled appt your Tax Preparer will connect with you over the phone or by video conference. You should submit your tax documents to us no later than 3 business days prior to your appt using one of the many methods available (i.e. upload, drop-off, fax, mail, etc.)

Your Tax Preparer may use some of the time during your appointment to input your data before calling you so do not be alarmed if you are not contacted at the beginning of your appt. Similar to an in-person Appt. the Preparer will go over tentative figures with you before ending the call if possible. Typically Your Preparer will use email for signatures as well as payment for our services or you can come into the office to pick up and sign. Once your Signatures & Payment is received, your taxes are filed electronically with the Government, and full copies sent to you by Email Mail Or Scheduled Pickup.

How Does The Drop & Go Process Work?
Customers can come into the office anytime 24/7 to drop off their taxes to be completed without an appointment. Feel free to drop off anytime including during non-business hours by using our Door Slot located at the bottom of our front door. Complex Business Tax Clients must have approval by the Preparer to use this Drop & Go Process. This method is convenient but it is a slower process than having an appt.

Drop & Go Taxes are completed as soon as possible in the order we receive them. Work is done on these files between appointments and at other designated times. Your Preparer may contact you by phone or email to verify/confirm info. Once completed you will receive a call or email from our office with instructions for finalizing. As noted a 15 min consult over the phone can be set up prior to drop off for questions or verbal communication needs.

What Is The Process For Uploading/Faxing/Mailing Our Info?
Uploading, Faxing, or Mailing us your tax documents are all acceptable ways to get us your tax information.  Uploading Documents is a fancy way of saying use our website to send us scanned or saved images of your important Tax Documents. The process is much like attaching them to an email except uploading is more secure than emailing and it keeps the documents organized on our side for easy retrieval later. Much like Drop & Go this process takes longer than having an appointment.

Faxing or Mailing are other acceptable forms of getting us your tax info however, we do caution that sending your original tax documents through the mail runs a higher risk of being lost. NOTE: Please do not use USPS delivery with signature as our mail person delivers mail early & many times--before we open. We miss a lot of mail and do not know about it because it never makes it to our door. UPS or Fed Ex is the best option for deliveries throughout the daytime. Once we have your tax documents we will handle the rest until it's time for you to review & approve your return at that time we will contact you with options to finalize.

What documents do I need if I have a mortgage?
Your mortgage company should send you Form 1098 which reports the mortgage interest & Property Taxes you paid if they are impounded.

What documents should I receive from my employer?
The forms to prove employment may vary depending on individual situations. For most, an employer will provide a W-2 form. The self-employed (i.e. independent contractors, product sales representatives such as Mary Kay, etc.) should receive a 1099-NEC (formerly 1099-Misc) from the company.

What documents do I need if I am unemployed?
If you received unemployment benefits from your state over the past year, you must claim that as unearned Taxable income for Federal (some states do not count it as taxable). The unemployment agency should provide you with a 1099-G form, which explains the amount of benefits you drew during the past year and any tax withheld. The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) receives a copy as well and will tax you at the appropriate rate in your tax bracket. Not everyone owes. Certain Covid Related Unemployment Benefits were set up as non-taxable so a portion of your unemployment received may not be taxable if it falls into that category.

What documents do I need if I am self-employed?
You will need to file a Schedule C using IRS Form 1040. Depending on your type of business and where you conduct business, there may be other forms you will need. If you were a partner in a Partnership or Corporation you will receive a K-1 that shows your portion of income or loss from that business venture. Usually, one partner has the partnership or corporate return completed before the filing date (March 15th) and that tax office will provide all other partners their K-1.

When is the deadline to file my taxes?
The standing deadline for personal taxes is April 15. Certain  Business Entities have a standing deadline of March 15th to file. These entities are As Follows: Partnerships, LLCs, S-Corporations.

When is the earliest that I can file my taxes?
When you get your W-2, you can have your taxes prepared right away, but the IRS will not accept them before a pre-defined date.

Is there a penalty for filing my taxes after the deadline?
Yes, you can opt to pay your tax liability through an installment plan. The Installment plan application is now exclusively online and can be found here>>Click Here For IRS Payment Agreement App Process

What paperwork should I bring to my tax interview?
Below is a basic list of documents to bring with you to your tax interview.

Date of Birth
Social Security Card /ITIN/ATIN
Last Year’s Tax Return (for new clients)
Valid Driver’s License

Interest (1099-INT or substitute)
Dividend Slips (1099-DIV or substitute)
Stock Sales (1099-B or Broker Statement)
Self-Employment Income and Expenses
Sale of a Personal Residence
Rental Income and Expenses
Sale of any Business Assets
Gambling or Lottery Winnings (W-2G for some winnings)
State Income Tax Refund (1099-G)
Pension Income (1099-R)
Estimated Taxes Paid
Social Security or Railroad Retirement (SSA-1099 or RRB-1099)
IRA or 401(k) Distribution (1099-R)
Unemployment Compensation (1099-G)
Miscellaneous Income (1099-MISC)

Medical Expenses
Real Estate or Personal Property Taxes
Mortgage Interest
Charitable Contributions (cash and non-cash)
Employee Business Expenses (used for CA)
Gambling Losses
Moving Expenses (Military Only 2019-2020)
Traditional IRA Contributions
Higher Education Expenses
Educator Expenses
Student Loan Interest

Child Care Provider/Address and Employer Identification Number (EIN) or Social Security Number (SSN)
Adoption Expenses
Tuition & Books (adult dependent children) 1098-T form provided by the College. Books & Fees for College-related mandatory fees. (No-Housing Allowed)

Can I claim charitable donations without a receipt?
Yes, you can as long as you keep good records in case you are ever audited by the IRS. Be sure to record the name of the organization, the date, and location, as well as a detailed description of what you donated. Keep notes on the amount you claimed as a deduction and how you figured the fair market value on the items you donated. Pictures of donated items can also be helpful later if need be.

Can I deduct expenses paid for repairing my home?
Typically, general home repairs for your personal primary residence cannot be deducted from your taxes. Home repairs are meant to keep your home in good condition but do not increase the value of your home. However,  If you use part of your home as a principal place of business, some repairs can be deducted.

What tax consequences will I face if I lost my home in a foreclosure?
For federal taxes, a foreclosure is viewed as the sale of the property. Two separate matters will impact your tax liability: any gain from the sale of your property and credited income you receive from any debt forgiveness. There are ways to calculate your Gains and Cancellation of Debt. To learn the specifics on how your particular situation is impacted, visit the Home Foreclosure and Debt Cancellation section on the IRS website or contact our office for guidance.

How are my taxes impacted if I have filed bankruptcy?
Depending on which Chapter you filed for, taxes may not be exempt. With Chapter 7 bankruptcy, federal taxes are exempt from discharge. When filing Chapter 13 bankruptcy, it is very important to file and pay your taxes during the bankruptcy proceedings because the court can dismiss your claim if you fail to meet this requirement. Dismissing the claim leaves you responsible for all of your debts. For further tax information on bankruptcy, read the IRS Publication 908 (10/2012), Bankruptcy Tax Guide.

Can my spouse and I file our tax return together if we are legally separated and not divorced?
If your divorce is not final, you may choose to file married filing jointly. Just note, that you and your spouse are responsible for the tax bill and any future audits. If you did not live together in the same household during the last 6 months of the year and you have dependent children an alternate status of Head Of Household can be used for the custodial parent or the parent who qualifies to claim the dependents.

If I forgot to report a second income on my taxes, how can I report it now?
Since it is not a small change (missing form or math miscalculation), missed income probably requires that you file an amendment. we will need to file Form 1040X, Amended U.S. Individual Income Tax Return e-filing this amendment is now allowed in most cases.

Don’t panic, you have three years since the date of filing or two years from paying (whichever is later) to correct the issue. But note, if your amended return claims more refund money, go ahead and cash your original refund check. However, if your amended return shows you owe, you’ll want to lower fees and interest by paying those taxes as fast as you can.

You can then track the status of your amended tax return(s) with the IRS’s ‘Where’s My Amended Return’ tool. Check the IRS’s site about three weeks after you’ve mailed your amended return or call 866-464-2050.

If you are uncertain about needing to amend a tax return, don’t hesitate to contact your preparer.

Do I have to pay taxes on money that was gifted to me?
No. The federal tax laws do not consider gifted money to be earned income therefore it is not taxable to you. No state has a tax law on gifted money either. There are limits on how much which is currently 15k per person.

Am I taxed on money that I inherit from a loved one?
Generally, property received as an inheritance is not included in your income. However, if property you receive this way later produces income such as interest, dividends, or rents, the income is taxable to you.

Why should I file my taxes electronically?
The main reason for filing taxes electronically (e-filing) is to get your refund faster. Generally, e-filing is safer and faster than filing on paper. Note: Tax Offices are mandated to use the e-file system.

How can I check the status of my refund?
The 'Where’s My Refund' tool on the IRS website provides the most up-to-date information regarding the status of your refund. This tool is updated every 24 hours.

IRS Confirms More Problems Getting Taxpayers New Stimulus (Jan 2021)

The IRS has confirmed that due to processing issues, payment delays have occurred for many Americans waiting for their stimulus payments. The IRS estimates that more than 13 million payments were sent to bank accounts that are no longer open or valid. The IRS is working on options to correct these payments, but has stated that any individual who has not received their full payment by the time they file their 2020 tax return may claim the Recovery Rebate Credit on their tax return as a means to receive the stimulus benefit. Please visit irs.gov for the latest updates and additional guidance regarding the most recent stimulus payments.



With these tax refund trackers, you can learn about your federal income tax return and check the status of your federal refund instantly.

Have You Moved Or Need To Update Contact Info?

Use this Link Below to let us know you have moved or to update your mailing address and other important Contact Information.